Web Analytics in Canada Track Site Visitor Behaviour
Web analytics refers to the collection of statistics which can tell you how a visitor behaves on your site, where they came from, how they found you, and whether or not they bought your product.
Web analytics also track your success with Search Engines and Directories, telling you which Search Engines have indexed your site, which pages they've indexed and which Search Engine sis the most effective in delivering prospects that convert to customers.
But the most important function of Web analytics is to help plan Search Engine optimization so that your success can be sustained and built upon.
Why Keep Website Statistics
Why keep website statistics? The answer is, unless you're going to use the information, there is really no point. Statistics can tell you just about anything you would want to know about your site and the visitors, or lack of visitors. But unless this information is used to go forward and make improvements to your site, it's really beside the point.
Am I Getting the Most Out of Web Analytics?
Here are some questions to ask yourself to help you determine if you're getting the most out of Web analytics:
- Are you collecting stats now?
- What do they mean to you?
- Who sees the stats?
- Who analyses them?
- Who interprets them?
- How are you using this information?
- Who makes decisions to act on the information?
About the Statistics You Are Collecting:
- What is a trend?
- How long does a trend take to form?
- How you can see an algorithm change from stats?
- Are all of your site pages indexed?
- Which are your top pages and can you increase the number of indexed pages?
- How broad is the market that you are reaching?
- Can you service that market?
- Does it need to be restricted/expanded in order to reach your target market?
- Does your Search Engine profile match the search Engines market share?
There are a number of ways to obtain a free counter for your traffic, but, like most things, they're worth what you paid for them. Free counters are easy to find, but the information that they provide is so general that it's often not even appropriate to tell you how many people are visiting your site. They're free…. unfortunately that also means worthless.